Alto Mare Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Number of posts : 1906
Custom Usertitle : Happy holidays. :3
Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-13

Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Empty
PostSubject: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 pm

Lumineon @ Damp Rock
Nature: Modest
252 HP, 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack
Ability: Swift Swim
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance
~ U-Turn

My starter. Though it is considered NU, it's a good Pokemon to set up Rain Dance. Once it sets it up, it can U-Turn to safety for the next Pokemon to do it's stuff.

Toxicroak @ Wide Lens
Nature: Jolly
252 Attack, 6 Defense, 252 Speed
Ability: Dry Skin
~ Swords Dance
~ Cross Chop
~ Stone Edge
~ Sucker Punch

One of my sweepers. It benefits well from Rain Dance, plus using Wide Lens allows Cross Chop and Stone Edge to get a boost of accuracy.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
252 HP, 180 Special Defense, 76 Special Attack
Ability: Rain Dish
~ Toxic
~ Leech Seed
~ Surf
~ Protect

Generic annoyer. It uses Rain Dish and Leech Seed to recover HP and Toxic, along with Leech Seed to lower the opponent's HP. Using Surf allows it to have a good, reliable STAB attack.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Swift Swim
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Return
~ Draco Meteor

My other sweeper. Use Dragon Dance to sweep along with Rain Dance. Using Draco Meteor allows it to have a good special move to attack physical tanks with, plus it won't affect the physical moves.

Dewgong @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
4 Defense, 252 HP, 252 Special Attack
Ability: Hydration
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Aqua Ring

The basic RainRest combo. Use an attack or Aqua Ring first, then if Dewgong has low HP, Rest then keep on doing that same process.

Parasect @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Speed
Ability: Dry Skin
~ Spore
~ X-Scissor
~ Pursuit
~ Swords Dance

For Parasect, use Spore, and if your opponent attacks, use Focus Sash. It will survive, and don't worry about Sandstorm or Hail since Rain Dance is up. It will recover HP, then use Swords Dance, and if it ever seems that it's switching out, use Pursuit or Spore again to attack before it switches out or sleep the next opponent.

All criticisms are welcome. Thank you. 8D

Back to top Go down
https://cheeseworld.forumotion.com
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 pm

... So you aren't going to use that hail team we planned?

Damn, now my RD team feels unoriginal ._.

As for crits.. Lumineon.. isn't that great. I'd replace it with something a lot better, because Lumineon's going to get KO'd pretty quickly, and you won't get a big chance to use Rain Dance.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm gonna use the Hail team too. I'm just thinking of this, as it might work.
Back to top Go down
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:23 pm

Well for one thing, you have a *lot* of UU Pokemon on this team. You probably should replace Ludicolo and Kingdra, as BL is to UU like Uber is to OU- BL is a ban tier. And before you bring up Clefable being on my pretty-much-only BL team, I seriously don't understand why it's not BL like it was in GSC/RBY. o_o

You should really replace Lumineon for something a *lot* better. If you're only using it for Swift Swim and U-turn, it can't even take advantage of either, thanks to its base 69 (lame) attacking stats.

You also lack a secondary Pokemon to set up Rain Dance. Sandstorm's bound to come in, and Lumineon would die pretty quickly (especially to anything faster with a grass or an electric move).

There's also a large lack of resistances and walls on this team. Sure, Ludicolo and Dewgong suck up a lot of HP.. ..But something with a supereffective move that can pick on its lower defense can really hurt. And since Ludicolo/Dewgong have a couple common weaknesses, that probably'll happen.

..Hey, wait a second, why is Ludicolo the only one without the usual 4/252/252 spread.. ..And why do I recognize that moveset so much? I don't recall it being on Smogon. =P *shot* (Also, "Generic annoyer"? My Ludicolo set isn't generic.. ;_;)

Overall though, you have some nice sweepers and all, but really.. you're lacking in something fast that doesn't have a common weakness (toxicrackcroak's 4x weak to Psychic, weak to Ground iirc, and to Flying as well- also, kingdra's weak to dragon, which is common as well) and walls. You really need an actual wall of sorts, and something that can resist your other Pokemon's weaknesses.

...Whew, longest RMT rated before. ^_^ Now to wait for people to post RMTs here more often.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 am

Tina wrote:
Well for one thing, you have a *lot* of UU Pokemon on this team. You probably should replace Ludicolo and Kingdra, as BL is to UU like Uber is to OU- BL is a ban tier. And before you bring up Clefable being on my pretty-much-only BL team, I seriously don't understand why it's not BL like it was in GSC/RBY. o_o

You should really replace Lumineon for something a *lot* better. If you're only using it for Swift Swim and U-turn, it can't even take advantage of either, thanks to its base 69 (lame) attacking stats.

You also lack a secondary Pokemon to set up Rain Dance. Sandstorm's bound to come in, and Lumineon would die pretty quickly (especially to anything faster with a grass or an electric move).

There's also a large lack of resistances and walls on this team. Sure, Ludicolo and Dewgong suck up a lot of HP.. ..But something with a supereffective move that can pick on its lower defense can really hurt. And since Ludicolo/Dewgong have a couple common weaknesses, that probably'll happen.

..Hey, wait a second, why is Ludicolo the only one without the usual 4/252/252 spread.. ..And why do I recognize that moveset so much? I don't recall it being on Smogon. =P *shot* (Also, "Generic annoyer"? My Ludicolo set isn't generic.. ;_;)

I saw it on Smogon, then tweaked it a bit.

Overall though, you have some nice sweepers and all, but really.. you're lacking in something fast that doesn't have a common weakness (toxicrackcroak's 4x weak to Psychic, weak to Ground iirc, and to Flying as well- also, kingdra's weak to dragon, which is common as well) and walls. You really need an actual wall of sorts, and something that can resist your other Pokemon's weaknesses.

Ah okay, thanks. ((Hm, what should replace Lumineon?))

...Whew, longest RMT rated before. ^_^ Now to wait for people to post RMTs here more often.
Back to top Go down
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 am

Calvin wrote:

Ah okay, thanks. ((Hm, what should replace Lumineon?))

Something nice and bulky. Things that I'm looking at right now are Porygon2, Umbreon (though it would be slightly hindered by Moonlight), Claydol, Blastiose.. things with decent HP and defenses and can take a hit. That's what you need on this team. =P Just remember though, it doesn't have to be a Water-type to go on a Rain Dance team, nor does it need an ability that's affected by it. (..Though it would be cool to take advantage of abilities that are only on like, one Pokemon.)
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 10:52 am

Oh, Claydol!

We can use it so that it can Attract a Water-type move! 8D

Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)   Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Calvin's Rain Dance Team (a.k.a. Team Seattle)
Page 1 of 1