Alto Mare Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male
Number of posts : 1167
Custom Usertitle : ...Howl with me tonight
Starlight Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Starlight Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Starlight   Starlight EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 am

Starlight
BOOK I
Part I
Chapter I

I got back up. “It was my entire fault, they should not have died” I thought to my self. I looked around at my single room cabin, it was a mess. No one would find me, I knew it.

“Lee it’s not you’re fault.” My friend, a dragonoyd, Dingo, told me. “Ding, it is, I should have never tried to.” I said before being interrupted by Dingo. “It’s not your fault, its Vandoetha’s fault.” Dingo said.

I looked around; just a few seconds ago I was fighting, then something happened. I thought back…

I got out of bed, the sun shined into my window; a flood of light filled the room witch made my eyes ache. The light made the floor glow with a yellow gleam. I walked across it, the floor was extremely cold, but that was Turano town for you. Turano may have bordered the Chaud Sea, but it was still cold. Turano was a small town, and everyone knew one another. We had everything from dragonoyds to humans to miceorets. We also had many small shops, and restaurants, among these was Steven’s Corner Shop and Café, where I worked. It was run by Steven, a mousecoret.

I got dressed, and ran off to work. Most people did not like Wolfcotets; however I was not hated, even with myself being a wolfcoret. I walked down the road, passing many humans. “Humans, they normally don’t come around here.” I thought to my self. I entered the store; Steve was sitting at the counter. “Well Lee, a tad bit early, but I need you in the back.” He said, he jumped into my hand, I walked to the back. I passed many more humans, then passed threw a large door, and entered a small room.

“We have news, Vandoetha has contacted me, and she would like you in the army.” Steve said. At this I let out a loud wail and began to cry. “The resistance would like you to flee, move far away, and never come back.” Steve finished. My eyes filled with tears at this moment, I started to cry very hard. “St…bu…” I said, but I could not finish.

Steve took me to my house, were he finished. “I would like to here the war story one last ti…time.” I said.

“Long ago, when Vandoetha was still young, her dad was killed by a human-animal, she set out to go around the world and kill all human-animals, on this trip she found that she had a very amazing power, she could fight amazingly well, after a long bit of time she returned to her village only to find her mom with a human-animal, she killed both of them, and fled the small village that would soon become Turano. On her trip she would commit mass murder, killing everyone, kids, everyone. She soon found a fortune teller that told her “You will soon come to power, but then you will fall into the gasp of death.” Vandoetha quickly killed this strange person, and walked off. Soon she found her self ruling a Kingdome; she became a bit softer, never killing Animals-humans again, unless they did something to her.” Steve said.

~END CHAPTER I
Please comment~
Back to top Go down
http://firstfoxsociety.weebly.com/
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male

Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlight   Starlight EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Chapter II

I left the town, having only my flute, my sword, and my life, I entered the Lamdoro forest. The forest was cool and humid, with trees growing over ninety feet tall. Birds nested in the large trees, the trees, Sica trees grew out for one hundred and seventy miles. I would flee to the small village of Hia. Hia, unknown too many people, was in the middle of Lamdoro forest. The people there were mostly bird-humans.

The undergrowth was thick, making me almost trip many times. After about twenty-nine strait hours of walking had made my will deteriorate. My legs throbbed, and head ached, and yet I had only started the long trip. I was not near the village yet. So I sat down and began to sleep.

~Later~

I woke up; I had a strange felling that someone was watching me. My eyes popped open at the smell of roast duck. I glanced around, but I could not see anything, but my nose had never let me down. I looked around a little more, this time I saw something, it looked like a human with an animal slave.

I got up and started to move some more, I did not like humans, nor animal slaves, so I began to run. After a few hours I slowed down, the small village of Hia was in front of me, and I entered.

Hia was a lost jewel, once a massive city destroyed by a volcanic event many thousands of years ago. I looked around; I would have to stay here for some time. The streets were made of brick, and the small homes were scattered. I could see no origination, houses were scattered here and there, and larger buildings, witch I assumed are government buildings, were placed what appeared to be randomly.

I first needed a place to stay. After looking around the town, I found a perfect place; it was by the outer part of the village, a one story brick house, in the window it said “For rent”. I called and organized a meeting with the owner to look at the house.

It was small; it had one bedroom, one bathroom, a small kitchen, and a living room. The bedroom had a nice light blue wall; it had wood floors and a small light. The bathroom and kitchen had the same shade of green on the wall. As for the living room, it was the biggest room in the house. The house was for rent for ninety five shells, it was a bit on the pricy side, but I needed a place to stay, so I paid for it.

After getting a new apartment, I did need a job. Steve said too look for a store called “Sheen’s shop” and then to tell the worker that Steve sent me. I walked around for many hours trying to find this store, but I could not. Soon I found myself asking people, they looked confused and walked off. I pulled out a map of the area. It showed nothing called Sheen’s shop. I went home.

I looked around the small house I had just gotten. My life had changed for some reason. I pulled out my flute and started to play. The song was a cheerful song that made me fell a bit better. Suddenly I herd a large boom. I jumped and looked around; it had started to rain hard. It started to lightning, and thunder. The sky was a stunning orange off to the east. I knew that it was a strong storm, it had started to hail and winds were at least ninety miles per hour.

The storm was strong, the small house shook violently in the wind, and one could not see more than five feet outside. Quickly smoke filled the streets; I assumed that lighting had started a fire. I made the decision to go out side. I stepped into the heavy rain; my fur was soaked after only a few seconds in the rain.

I looked down the rode; a wall of water was rushing towards me. With no time to think the wall of water hit me. It felt like the air was being crushed out of my lungs, like the very force of life was being sucked out of me.
Back to top Go down
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male

Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlight   Starlight EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 8:12 am

CHAPTER III
~LATER~

I awoke, I was soaked to the bone, but was alive. I looked around; all the buildings were still there. “Looks like you did not stay inside during the annual floods.” A voice said. I looked up, it was a monkey. Because I was part human, part animal I could speak with this monkey. The monkey was a small lemur, with odd, pink fur. “I had no clue.” I said back. “Well than, let’s take you to Sheen.” The monkey said. My eyes opened and I jumped up at the name. “Dose this Sheen own Sheen’s shop?” I asked excitedly. “Yes, yes he dose.” The monkey said.

I jumped up and fallowed this odd monkey down the rode. There sitting on a corner was a large sign that said Sheen’s shop. “This is it.” The monkey said. I entered the small store. It had few windows and the air was thick with a heavy sent of smoke. “Neo, where were you little girl?” An old man asked her. “I was out shop…never mind that; I have a person here who wants to see you.” Neo said.

“I don’t want to buy anything, I’m not looking for work, and no I will not give to charity.” The man said. “No, no, no, I don’t want anything like that, my friend, Steve, told me to.” That’s all I was able to say before the man spoke up “Steve! Would you happen to be Lee?” He asked me. I nodded yes. “I’m Sheen.” He said. He was also a mousecoret, with deep black fur, and aqua blue eyes.
~END CHAPTER III~

Sorry for the shortness, but thats all the importent events that happen in the chapter.
Back to top Go down
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male

Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlight   Starlight EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:02 pm

CHAPTER IV

I looked around; the small store had milk, eggs, among other things. What looked like an owl came into the store, it was panting heavily. “I…Sheen, we need you at the fort NOW!” The owl said. “Gertrude, this is Lee, Steven sent him, and he is coming with us.” Sheen said. “Wait, who is this.” I said before being cut off abruptly. “We have no time to talk, fallow me.” The owl, who I assumed to be Gertrude, said. I fallowed the owl and Sheen. We walked into a graveyard, the bright sun made it feel more like a large yard rather than a graveyard.

I herd a crack; a hole appeared out of the ground. Gertrude, Sheen and I entered. The hole closed up again, and I was surrounded by darkness. Memories came with the dark silence, memories of my mom being killed, and of my dad running away. Suddenly I was pulled into a
Room; it had a table and a few chairs to sit on. I sat down as did the others. I looked around, the air was thick with smoke, and the haze was thick, however, I was able to make out the faces of others, a human, and a dragonoyd, among others. “Attention!” The human said, “We have horrible news, the city of Grace was destroyed by Vandoetha’s army, Grace has been a home to all kinds of animals, animal-humans, and humans alike. There were no survivors.” The human said sadly.

The human looked at me; I could tell that the human was a girl. “You, I have not seen you around here before, who are you?” She asked me. Everyone at the table looked at me. “Lee, Lee Letu.” I said, stumbling over my words. “So it is true, the stories are true.” The human said. The others gasped. “What stories?” I asked, knowing that I most likely just said something wrong. “I will explain later, fallow me.” The human said.

After walking down a damp, mold covered, slimy hallway, the human said “So Lee was it, what sign are you?” She asked. “Sign? And what is your name? And what stories!?” I asked. “In order than, when were you born, January is the month of the lion, February is the mouse, March is the mouse, April is the Wolf, May is the fox, June is the Bat, July is Sloth, August is the dragon, September is the Bee, October is the worm, November is the fish, and December is the Snow rabbit,” She said “Also, I am Hidey, Hidey Vine, and about the stories, I will explain later, as I may have said, now what are you?” Hidey said.

“Wolf.” I said, I did not like to use one word sentences but this was one time I would. “I should have known, I was born in December, thus I am a Snow rabbit.” Hidey said. I looked around, the air smelled like mildew, and the earthy walls were covered in thick cotes of smile, roots stuck out of the ground, one had to be careful not to trip over them. The ceiling of the cave like corridor was low so one must bend down to avoid hitting ones head. After walking for some time, we came to a fork in the path. “How long is this hallway?” I asked, tired of walking. “Oh, you don’t know?” Hidey asked. “No I don’t…I think.” I said stupidly. “This is not a hallway, rather, a cave made over hundreds of years by an underwater river, witch, due to some rather unfortunate events, dried up over the past few dozen years.” She said. “Oh, I think that makes some since in a way.” I said. In only a few short days my life had been turned upside down.

After walking and talking about nonsense, we finally hit something; there was indeed a light at the end of every tunnel, or, at least this one. “Now where are we?” I asked. “This is the town of Lang; here is ware I must tell you about the stories.” Hidey said. I looked around, the sun light had diminished all together, and clouds blocked out moon, deep fog was around us, the only light that we got was from lanterns that lined the road. The road had brick over it, and there were no sidewalks. “Fallow me please, we will stay here until dawn, then we shall start back to Hia.” Hidey said. “But first,” Hidey continued “we must go to the ruins of Leadanorf, were I can tell you the old tales.” Hidey finished.

I began to fallow Hidey to the ruins, to get there we had to track threw thick forest and undergrowth, bugs were every ware, I felt like I was being eaten alive. When we finely were out of the wood, I saw what looked like an old ceremonial place, but it was collapsed, the clouds had moved and the vibrant reflection of the fog blurred my vision. “This is the ruins of Leadanorf, now here I can tell you the story, Long ago, three great powers ruled this land, the powers were controlled by three rulers, Leadanorf, Faith, and Lang, the world was at peace until something went wrong, Leadanorf’s church, witch we are at, was attacked and burned, this angered him that he attacked the grand power of Lang, who’s capital city was Lang, Lang was very upset about this, and sent troops to both Faith and Leadanorf’s temples, the troops were given orders to kill them and bring there body to Lang, witch they did, but Leadanorf vowed that his family would have this land again, however no one has been known to have been his family until we found you, but there is more to the story, he said as he died that war and death would be found the one who sits in his thrown, then he said, that if you do not know suffering than you cannot suffer, thus if you have found war and death, you would be the family that he said about, however, he also said that this man must know love and truth, for there is a danger under the thrown, the power can kill, and he also laid a curse on anyone who would falsely clam to be his family, would die. Until now I found this as an interesting myth, but now I can find it to possibly be true, because his last name as also Letu, and the sign would have to match up, witch it dose, you are both wolfs, and you are like a god to your people” Hidey said. “What!?” I asked in amazement. “I did not believe it before now…but now that I have met you, I believe.” She said.

~The Next Day~

I awoke after sleeping on the hotel bed. My life had changed forever; I had no clue what I had gotten my self into. “So you awake now wolf-man?” Hidey asked. “Yes I am…hu-man.” I said, joking about the hu-man part. “So Lee, want to start heading back?” I almost missed the question; I looked into the mirror that was in the room we were renting. The person looking back was indeed me, the same person...err…wolf-man, silver fur, long tail, small fangs, large ears, aqua blue eyes, and a pink nose. “LEE! WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO!?” Hidey said, very loud. “Oh…sorry, I want to go back,” I said, “Back to Turano, and back to my old life, back to when I was not a king, and was not running from Vandoetha…I just want to go back.” I finished. “Lee you can’t, unfortunately Vandoetha is up to her old ways, and will want you dead; you must come and stay in Hia.” Hidey said. “But…” I said. “But what, you would have to have a death wish to go back!” Hidey said in a different tone of voice, a stronger, more leading voice.

“Fine than, I will go with you…but I will not like it, and if you try to do anything to me, I will leave.” I said. We walked down the stair way, the wood floor reminded me of my old ones; however, they were not cold, rather warm, hot even.

~BACK IN HIA~

I crawled out of the tunnel and moved into the earthy room; the table was made of all clay, and the air was stale. “Lee, sit down.” Hidey said. I sat on the earthy brown chairs; one other was in the room, a dragonoyd. “Dingo, this is Lee, Lee, this is Dingo; the three of us will be traveling together to the former city of Grace.” Hidey finished. “Go to Grace!? You said I could not leave or I would die!” I said louder than I had expected. “Power in numbers, if you were to go alone you would never make it.” Dingo said, his purple scales glimmered, and his deep emerald eyes looked at me intimidating me, his voice was stronger than Hidey’s, as well as more commanding and promising. “Right, we leave today, now should I say.” Hidey said. “Fine, I wish I had more time but…” I said. “Yeah, right now, why did I let this girl talk me into coming” I thought.

Hidey and Dingo got up, as did I. We walked out and moved away, out into the forest that surrounded the town, we walked for somewhat more time before stopping after leaving the forest. “We will camp here.” Dingo said his voice stronger than before. We set up camp and made a fire.

~LATER~

“Lee, go find firewood, it is your turn.” Hidey said. I walked away from camp. “I could just run away right now…but what would that do, I would still be hunted, but I don’t want to stay with these people.” I said in my mind, the debate would continue as I gathered the firewood. I started to head back with a small pile of wood then something cracked. I quickly looked around, I could see nothing. Something cracked again, this time I could make out what it was, a Gollet. Gollets were large dangerous creatures; over fifty feet tall, extremely stupid, but what they lacked in brains they made up in sheer strength one Gollet could wipeout a village in less than an hour. I ran as fast as I could, dropping the wood I ran on all fours, as I could run twice as fast on them, but it was no use.

I was hit like a cat hits a mouse; I went flying sideways into a tree. The tree snapped in half, barley missing me as it fell. I was hit again on the back, it was another Gollet. I howled in pain, my head felt as if it was gonna explode all of my muscles ached at this point. Another Gollet picked me and tossed me, my head barely missed the ground, but another Gollet grabbed me before I hit, this violent game of toss hurt me, but the Gollets just continued to do it. I howled again, this time louder, hoping that Hidey or Dingo would hear it and come to save me, but no such luck befell me.

“STOP” I called, but the huge things continued to throw me “Esu!” I called, hoping that the giants knew the ancient language of the Elvin people. The Gollets stopped throwing me. “Inal hie ven tortor?” One of the Gollets said. I knew that what he said was “You know the language of the Elves?” “Unis.” I said, knowing that unis was yes. The Gollet let me down and apologized, however the others were not as happy, one hit and knocked out the one that let me go, and the other picked me up. I was again being tossed back in forth, howling in pain. One missed me, and I fell into the ground very hard. The two remaining Gollets appeared to be fighting over something, I knew this was my chance; I crawled slowly back to camp, knowing that any moment I could be crushed by a Gollet.

“Yeah, I don’t know whats taking him.” Hidey said as she looked over to see me crawling into the camp. “Lee, what happened!?” Dingo said, rushing over to my side. I was bleeding profusely, and my leg felt as if it was broken, but I managed to say “Go…Gol…Gollets.” Dingo and Hidey’s expression turned too horrified as I said it. “We need to move.” Hidey said, her voice less commanding and more scared than normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlight   Starlight Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlight
Page 1 of 1