Share | 

Oh god! Finally!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rexhunter99

Number of posts : 3

Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Oh god! Finally!   Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 am

Well 'Ello there all, hopefully people still browse this forum... I might break down in tears if not.

I've been searching for an Altomare forum (even if this is a bit more broad it still fits well) and if the only one I've found happens to be dead I might just curl up and cry for a weak. ^^;

Anyways... I guess I should introduce myself eh? I am James, you may call me James, Rex, Rexhunter, or just pal if it suits you.
My most favorite pokemon is... well it's cruel so I'll just say 'them'
- Grovyle
- Latias
- Latios

I love nature, the green trees and grass and shrubs are beautiful... I'm a huge book worm, I love fan fiction ^_^ I write fan fiction and have been told by many and even good fanfic authors that I have a talent ^^; I draw and am naturally a games programmer.

I'm what some call a nerd :P I've loved pokemon since it came out here in Aussie land and I'll keep lovin' it until they put my cold, dead corpse in a coffin, or cremate me.

I'll admit... I cried during Pokemon Heroes, I've cried during most of he Pokemon movies. I'm emotional, caring and somewhat sappy, but I'm not clingy :P I enjoy a good debate and HATE, with a passion, trolls.

I'm hoping to stick around, hopefully people here are still stalking the seemingly dead forums....

Oh yeah I neglected to mention I'm 18 years old, yup an adult and still loving pokemon :P

Anyway, I guess I'll check in later, if I don't reply to a post don't fret it's most likely because I can't get on the computer >_< But yeah...

Oh if you're interested, browse my deviantArt profile/gallery ^_^
http://rexhunter99.deviantart.com

Hope to see people around soon and make plenty of friends :)

~James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina
Personal Assistant

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:12 pm

This place has been abandoned for weeks. Left in the dust, only to become a playground for spambots and trolls to hang out at. Just like an abandoned playground... once an area that had people having fun together all in abundance. Time passes by, and we all grow old of it and move on.

Why did I reply to this post, you ask? Simply because I was going through my old bookmarks again. That's all.

If anyone else ever sees this post, it's best to just move on and let the playground lie in the dust, only to be glanced at now and then.

We've all found new places to go, new places to laugh at, new places to hold such large fury over, and new places to relax and have fun. Alto Mare used to be part of that cycle, lingered a year or so, and crumbled again.

...It's a little sad, to be honest.

Rexhunter99

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:36 am

God Damn it! Why do I always seem to be too late!?!? It's possible to revive this place... we can do it I am sure of it, hell I've helped revive 2 forums and keep my own surviving through some of the hardest times...

It's just that there seems to be no other places such as this that one can solely be friendly in, Serebii is for trolls to spam and Pokecommunity is full of uncreative hackers >.>
There's only so much that deviantArt can do for one's soul...

If this place truly did hold some value in older members hearts... perhaps we can revive it, I know I sound like some random newb who has no idea how hard it is to deal with a forum, but I am no newb or n00b I know what it's like to raise a forum from the grave... it's hard as all heck but sometimes the pain is worth the gain...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina
Personal Assistant

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 am

It's come and gone... I don't think any of the old members really care anymore (hell I was surprised that someone posted in the last two days when I was going through my bookmarks), to be honest. The site owner's abandoned the site completely due to taking something in the staff board seriously (long story short, I suggested that we impeach him and vote a new administrator... jokingly of course but he ended up going through with it for WHATEVER REASON that I do not know of to this day o.o)... and the other admins have either moved onto IRC or some other unknown fandom. I dunno WHERE the hell Lesley_GNSC went off to after this place died, and Armads and I have relocated to IRC in which we party together every day. HOORAY \o/

I don't really think it'd be worth the effort to revive the place, though. It was pretty unactive from the start... there was a small part in '08 that the site got decent activity as No-Theme Park, but we switched over to Alto Mare for whatever reason and I adopted No-Theme Park rather happily.

I've seen (and made) a couple place revive from the dead successfully.. but there's just not enough motive to do it here. Looking at the moderators/administrators some more, I dunno who the hell Curry Leaf was and how they got administration, but they haven't been here since January so I'm having my doubts about them caring. <_< I can't remember what happened to Ino, though. She said that she couldn't go on the computer until next year, but she started logging onto other forums after that... but that's all during my BMGf hiatus, so I don't actually know. @_@

I'm actually pretty tired of Pokemon forums myself. Hate the fandom, I really do..

And for some reason it's feeling satisfying writing long posts again. This seems to be the only forum where I can pull that off. o_O_o

XD375

Number of posts : 1

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:05 am

It was only a matter of time before the members here decided on a new name instead of "Alto Mare" anyway... :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexhunter99

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 pm

*sighs* I guess then... it's back to the lonely scourings of google for me... I had at least felt some hope not so long ago that I had found a place that wasn't full of people that were jerks or cheating spammers... oh well...

I've come to learn that hardly anything worthy having lasts... it's so depressing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh god! Finally!   

Back to top Go down

Oh god! Finally!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1