Alto Mare Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rant by Webmaster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Number of posts : 1906
Custom Usertitle : Happy holidays. :3
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-13

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 12:36 am

Okay. So, Alto Mare is getting boring. All of us know that, right? Here's basically a little rant by yours truly on how to improve Alto Mare. Constructive criticisms on this rant are nice, 'cause I know I probably have messed up on some stuff.

First of all, very few of the threads are active. The only reason why things are starting to get active here is because of some great members who want to bring some activity in here, specifically Dragon User X, Softpaw, and Lesley_GNSC.

Second of all, our staff isn't being.. staff. Many of the staff members here are dead. I have to admit, the main reason why I left the site for a few months was because of all this. Our staff is supposed to improve the community, not make Alto Mare worse. I also realize that some of these problems were caused by me, so sorry about that.

Third and finally, some of the stuff besides the threads on here are dead. The site is dead, because I haven't really been able to write content, which I am sorry for. It's just, well, yeah, I have a new venture that's actually good. Because of this, my Photoshop skills have improved, and my patience has improved a lot.

So here's the deal.

Curry Leaf (a_a) and I are working on the new layout. She's actually the one to make the new banner for the community. So give her some credit (yay). I'm gonna make the buttons and the little things, since that's what I'm best at. We need to finish the unfinished stuff (which reminds me, Tina, how are the smileys coming along? If they're done, can you PM me the links and I'll add them). We also need to bring more activity in here. Only a few members that have registered actually made posts. And though we have gotten some plans made, like RAG (which was actually made by Softpaw), we need to dramatically boost the hits in here by advertising this community by here. I have realized that we get only around 5-10 hits a day. So, I'm gonna try to make some activity rise in here.

For the activity, I'm planning on mixing Alto Mare with my new site (which has 26 hits average btw :O) and making this site just a standalone forum (which can make a network with the various sites my new sites have mixed up with), mainly because the site is dead here, and the community I set up there is basically dead. So, why not mix them together? I'm gonna propose that to my new site as well. So in short:

Problems:

• No/little activity.
  • Other things dead.
  • Staff problems.
Solutions:

• New layout, which can change the look of Alto Mare.
  • Advertising Alto Mare (where allowed).
  • Blending my new site with this community.
Lastly, something I'm definitely gonna try on doing. I'm gonna buy an altomare.info domain. I can buy it at GoDaddy (where they have it for less than $1.25) and fix some stuff up. Hopefully, buying a domain can make us look more professional.

Okay, so I'm done with this rant. Constructive crits are nice for me to improve this thing. Just don't bite.
Back to top Go down
https://cheeseworld.forumotion.com
Dragon user X

Dragon user X

Number of posts : 68
Custom Usertitle : Proud to be eccentric
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-03

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 am

Sounds great! I agree, it's dying, but it's not beyond recovery! What can I do to help you?
Back to top Go down
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 am

Calvin wrote:
Okay. So, Alto Mare is getting boring.
At least people are actually sort of posting now instead of going on and on in the character chat thread. .-.

Quote :
First of all, very few of the threads are active.
True that.

Quote :
The only reason why things are starting to get active here is because of some great members who want to bring some activity in here, specifically Dragon User X, Softpaw, and Lesley_GNSC.
Why specifically? There's other active members besides them. -_-

Quote :
Second of all, our staff isn't being.. staff.
How.

Quote :
Many of the staff members here are dead.
...All of the admins here are active. The two mods on here are Ino (who goes here occasionally), and Curry Leaf... who's an admin?

Quote :
(which reminds me, Tina, how are the smileys coming along? If they're done, can you PM me the links and I'll add them)
???? ...I was supposed to make smilies? -_- Let's be like DDF and just throw in random funny images as the smili- *shot* Yeah, do NOT take that seriously please

Quote :
with my new site (which has 26 hits average btw :O)
So, where IS this new site? You never bothered to show any of us, you left for a month and pretty much abandoned the forum to rot for this new site (which seriously, it does not hurt to go on your forum for 5 fucking minutes to check up on it every day..)... Seriously, what the hell?

Quote :
Problems:

• No/little activity.
  • Other things dead.
  • Staff problems.
WHAT STAFF PROBLEMS? >_> It's not like our staff is totally eating up the site power hungry and all. The worst is just the playing around on the stupid notepad in the admin section, and that's just for fun. -_-

Quote :

• New layout, which can change the look of Alto Mare.
Light colored plox? :(

Quote :
Lastly, something I'm definitely gonna try on doing. I'm gonna buy an altomare.info domain. I can buy it at GoDaddy (where they have it for less than $1.25) and fix some stuff up. Hopefully, buying a domain can make us look more professional.
No prob with that.

Quote :
Just don't bite.
Too late.

Okay, seriously. I have to get off my lazy ass and say something right out loud on the site SOMETIME... instead of just complaining about it on my own chat. >_>

Also, :]--- *brutally shot*

Last edited by Tina on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eek, cleanup)
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Quote :
...All of the admins here are active. The two mods on here are Ino (who goes here occasionally), and Curry Leaf... who's an admin?
Like by making something to actually help Alto Mare, not by the sense of how much they post. Curry Leaf is a temporary administrator as she is helping me with some parts of the new layout.

Quote :
(which reminds me, Tina, how are the smileys coming along? If they're done, can you PM me the links and I'll add them)
???? ...I was supposed to make smilies? -_- Let's be like DDF and just throw in random funny images as the smili- *shot* Yeah, do NOT take that seriously please[/quote]
Yeah. Remember a long time ago when you didn't like the old smilies except for the star one, and you said that you were going to make newer, better ones.

Quote :
So, where IS this new site? You never bothered to show any of us, you left for a month and pretty much abandoned the forum to rot for this new site (which seriously, it does not hurt to go on your forum for 5 fucking minutes to check up on it every day..)... Seriously, what the hell?
I'll give you the link to this new site if you want it so bad.

Quote :
Light colored plox? :(
Yes, it's gonna be light. If you want to see the banner, I can get it from Curry Leaf.

Quote :
No prob with that.
I might just buy the domain today. So if you see altomare.info instead of cheeseworld.forumotion.com, don't freak out. :O
Back to top Go down
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Calvin wrote:
I'll give you the link to this new site if you want it so bad.

You're acting as if it's supposed to be a secret. >_> If it's 'getting 25 hits a day' and 'going to be merged with the site', why haven't you posted it up here to the public yet?

Also, I can't do the smilies. I'm already slacking off on Format^2, I shouldn't be doing something else. -_-

Curry Leaf being a temp admin doesn't matter. EVERYONE ELSE IS ACTIVE. Les, Armads, myself.. I'd even go as far as saying you're the least active of the staff.
Back to top Go down
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male
Number of posts : 1167
Custom Usertitle : ...Howl with me tonight
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Tina wrote:

Curry Leaf being a temp admin doesn't matter. EVERYONE ELSE IS ACTIVE. Les, Armads, myself.. I'd even go as far as saying you're the least active of the staff.
I wouldn't go that far. There are less active Staff.

But I'd like to see the great 20 hit site too.

And I don't really think we need a new layout...
Back to top Go down
http://firstfoxsociety.weebly.com/
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 pm

I'd like a list of said 'staff'. =/ Only person I can think of is Ino. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah, thats true...

Altomare.info is taken....or do you mean something else(Lol, I'm dumb.)
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Ino's mainly been the inactive staff member.

@ Softpaw & Tina: Link to new site here. Just don't bite on the layout or content, it's not that great. .-.

@ Softpaw: Really? altomare.info is taken? Lemme like go on GoDaddy and check. :3
Back to top Go down
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Alto Mare's merging... with that? ._.

Only one comment. "Your typical Pokémon site ._."

Last edited by Tina on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Softpaw

Softpaw

Male

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:42 pm

WTF! I don't see Alto Mare said on that page anywhere!!!

I don't have anything to say...
Back to top Go down
Ino
Ino

Female
Number of posts : 762
Custom Usertitle : Wishes to be a vampire.
Rant by Webmaster Left_bar_bleue166 / 100166 / 100Rant by Webmaster Right_bar_bleue

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Do we really need a webpage? Espically one that doesn't even Have the dang forum name on it!

And yeah, I know i haven't been on here much, but I'm also busy too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lattemoka.com/forum
Sponsored content

Rant by Webmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant by Webmaster   Rant by Webmaster Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant by Webmaster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alto Mare Forums :: Plaza :: Alto Mare Forum Discussion-
Jump to: