Alto Mare Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ino
Ino

Female
Number of posts : 762
Custom Usertitle : Wishes to be a vampire.
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue166 / 100166 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Empty
PostSubject: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 am

That is my question to you all. Does any of these Pokemon need formes? Shyamin now loses it's immunity to electric and rock, and now all it can do is dodge ground moves. It looks good though.

Giratina is the only Pokemon that seems to not have really changed much. Levitate is good though.

Rotom: WTF? A refrigerator? Seriously?

What do you have to say?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lattemoka.com/forum
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am

Gamefreaks is running out of ideas!!!!!!!

EDIT:

:::Shyamin now loses it's immunity to electric and rock, and now all it can do is dodge ground moves. It looks good though.

Um, immunity? It was just resistant, and even then you can just use Roost if you noes! liked that old type so much. :/ The stats are a lot better from what I picked up from Serebii:

100HP 103Attack 75Def 127Speed 120Special Attack 75 SpDef

A lot more attack power and speed there.. >_>

Also, "all it can do"? Sure, Shaymin had some resistances (note: Grass sucks as a type. The weaknesses. THEY. BURN.) but at least Sky Forme has a, you know, movepool. Air Slash, Leaf Storm, high SpAtk and Serene Grace.. oh, hi Ubers. All Shaymin had going for it is being a Celebi that doesn't just die to Pursuit and any Bug attack. Sad, but very true.

It's not like it's supposed to be remotely wall-like like with Land Forme Shaymin, either, so really.. yeah.

It's resistances are common enough for it to switch in sort of easily, though being weak to SR doesn't help much. It looks like it could fit in nicely with everyone else though in Ubers.. hmm. I'm looking foward to seeing how well Shaymin does in battle..

:::Giratina is the only Pokemon that seems to not have really changed much.

Again, stats from Serebii pretty much show that Origin Forme is pretty much the exact opposite of regular Girateener. It's pretty much the same except Attack and SpAtk are switched with Def and SpDef. Nice.

Rotom's actually pretty cool, imo. Appliance Pokemon ftw :O
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Number of posts : 1906
Custom Usertitle : Happy holidays. :3
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Shaymin (Sky Forme) reminds me of Togekiss a bit. :p

Game Freak is running out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://cheeseworld.forumotion.com
Tina
Personal Assistant
Tina

Female
Number of posts : 646
Custom Usertitle : WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A NORMAL, STRAIGHTFOWARD KILLING ONCE IN A WHILE IN THIS COUNTRY >8O
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue221 / 100221 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Calvin wrote:
Game Freak is running out of ideas.

No stealing my punchline. >:O
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue137 / 100137 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Lesley_GNSC
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1590
Custom Usertitle : Lol I phail.
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue68 / 10068 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:35 am

Rotom: Lawnmower. Yay. =DDD

Shaymin: Gives Shaymin a bit of a tough edge. I liek it.

Giratina: Doesn't look different enough, IMO.

I really won't have many opinions on these guys until I see them in-game.
Back to top Go down
Armads
Administrator
Armads

Male
Number of posts : 986
Custom Usertitle : Undead Metal Fan
Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Giratina is win, Shaymin is win, Rotom is win...

Bias much, but I don't have a problem with Game Freak giving alternate formes to some of their favorite pokemon. I think they're great ways of giving the pokemon expanded roles in the games and anime.

...Rotom formes wa, I'm... at a loss for words. These I don't think were needed, but with Rotom not being legendary, using them will probably be optional.
Back to top Go down
http://electricaltape.blogspot.com/
Calvin
Administrator
Calvin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Here is my stance on everything:

~ Shaymin: Sweeping Shaymin seems pretty cool. It gives it some awesome resistances, plus awesome stats. ShayMix would kick ass.

~ Giratina: Same as Shaymin, except the awesome resistances.

~ Rotom: Those six forms seems pretty redundant, since they do have the same exact stats, but of course, they seem pretty cool, with them being able to have special moves, ala Hydro Pumping/Leaf Storming Electric/Ghost type ftw.

All in all, the forms (I don't want the e in it, stupid grammar freak) seem pretty cool. I'm all for it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?   Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina: Do they really need the formes?
Page 1 of 1